Omega Pacific Silver Rappel Ring
- Rated to 20kn (over 4400lbs)
- Forged aluminum rap ring for use in bail-outs and rap stations
- Anodized gray for minimal visual impact
- Solid construction (not hollow)
- THIS IS NOT A RAPPEL/BELAY DEVICE. IT IS NOT INTENDED FOR REPEATED LOWERING!
This is much cheaper than leaving behind a carabiner, and more practical since the Rap Ring can be used again whereas carabiners are often taken from rappel stations. It’s also much safer than just rappelling via the sling or webbing, since the Rap Ring eliminates possible damage to the rope sheath or the anchor when you pull the rope down, plus the ring insures your rope is less likely to get caught.
(This device is NOT designed to be used as a rappel or belay device (e.g. ATC, SBGII, Figure-8 or any other friction device). It is intended solely as a hardware alternative to bail-out slings, webbing and cord.)